What does it mean?
Looking for the funny side of things. Allowing your thoughts to whimsical and light-hearted. Delighting now and again in nonsense.
Why does it matter?
The world is a very serious place, every now and then you need to stop and laugh. Whimsy, nonsense, humour are important for a healthy mind and your physical well-being.
When should you use it?
Knowing when to be humorous and when to be serious can be a challenge in itself, but when the moment is right you just have to laugh.
5 Top Strategies:
- Laugh at yourself
- Look for the humorous side of things, don't always aim for the serious side of life
- Read books and stories that make you laugh, tell and read jokes
- Include a little nonsense in your problem solving
- Remind yourself that laughing will help you live longer
5 Questions to ask about your thinking:
- Is this the time and place to be funny?
- Why is everyone soooo serious?
- Are people laughing with you or at you? Does it matter? Learn to read cues from people around you, now might not be the time or place for humour.
- Who is this funny for?
- Is what just happened to you truly embarrassing or a chance for a good laugh?